The experience of cooking your food to your perfect taste on Black Rock Grill’s lava steak stones is one that will make you feel like a true chef. Not only does this create an amazing dining environment, but there are many health benefits as well! Here are six reasons why you should try the experience for yourself either at home or when choosing your next restaurant when eating out.
1. It is a healthy way to eat
2. It tastes great
The high temperature of stones sears natural juices, creating an amazing taste. I love a good steak but have to say that cooking it on hot stones is by far my favourite way! The sizzling heat still lets you enjoy every bite and maintains its delicious flavor throughout!!
3. You can cook your food to your likingWhether you like your steak rare, medium or well done you can ensure it is cooked to whatever your desire. I particularly enjoy experimenting with various tastes and have discovered that I prefer my fillet rare, my rump medium and my sirloin medium-rare! Cooking on hot stones gives the option to have a play around with your likes and dislikes.
4. It is great for hosting dinner parties
Think outside the box for your next dinner party! Why not try cooking on a hot lava stone? It's a great way to create an unforgettable experience. Your food will be cooked live at the table which gives guests something different - they won't forget this amazing tasty meal anytime soon. It's not just steak that can be cooked on the cooking stones, check out some recipe ideas here to inspire you for your next dinner party.
5. The steak stones can be used again & again
With our steak stones, you can cook a beautiful succulent steak every time. The number of uses will not affect its ability to hold heat and cooked food tastes just as good on every use! We have customers who use the same lava rocks from 16 years ago They are very easy to clean and once heated again become completely sterile for the next use.
6. It's easy to use
There are a variety of ways to heat your steak stone to required temperature before serving, this can be achieved by.
- Placing the steak stone on the hob/stove for 30-40 minutes
- Placing the steak stone under the grill for 30 - 40 minutes
- Placing the steak stone in the oven for 1 hour at a temperature of 280c/536f+
- For restaurant use, place the steak stones in the Black Rock Oven at 440c/824f. We have Black Rock Grill ovens that can hold from 12-108 stones at one time
The stones are washed in water with a metal wire brush and then heated again to burn off any natural juices left on the surface of the stone.
Each set comes with full instructions on how to heat and clean.
View our range of steak stone sets HERE
View our range of steak stones commercial set-up's for restaurants HERE
The next time you are thinking of something different to eat consider using a steak stone by Black Rock Grill to WOW you and your guests!