Cooking your food to your desired taste on Black Rock Grill’s lava steak stones creates a unique & fun experience for the diner. There are many benefits to eating on a steak stone, here are a few reasons why you should try the experience for yourself either at home or when choosing your next restaurant when eating out.
1. It is a healthy way to eat
2. It tastes great
The high temperature of the stones sears the natural juices of your meal creating an amazing taste. Cooking steak in particular on the hot stones is the best tasting steak I have ever had maintaining a hot sizzling bite to the very last mouthful!
3. You can cook your food to your likingWhether you like your steak rare, medium or well done you can ensure it is cooked to whatever your desire. I particularly enjoy experimenting with various tastes and have discovered that I prefer my fillet rare, my rump medium and my sirloin medium-rare! Cooking on hot stones gives the option to have a play around with your likes and dislikes.
4. It is great for hosting dinner parties
Try something new and unique when you have friends and family to visit. Cooking on a hot lava stone is a real talking point. Cooking your food live at the table creates a great atmosphere, it gives your guests something different - an experience that they will be sure to remember for all the right reasons.
5. The steak stones can be used again & again
The steak stones can be cleaned after cooling and used again & again. The number of uses will not affect the lava stones ability to hold the heat to cook a beautiful succulent steak. We have people using the same stone from 16 years ago! They are very easy to clean and once heated again become completely sterile for the next use.
6. It's easy to use
There are a variety of ways to heat your steak stone to required temperature before serving, this can be achieved by.
- Placing the steak stone on the hob/stove for 30-40 minutes
- Placing the steak stone under the grill for 30 - 40 minutes
- Placing the steak stone in the oven for 1 hour at a temperature of 280c/536f+
- For restaurant use, place the steak stones in the Black Rock Oven at 440c/824f. We have Black Rock Grill ovens that can hold from 12-108 stones at one time
The stones are washed in water with a metal wire brush and then heated again to burn off any natural juices left on the surface of the stone.
Each set comes with full instructions on how to heat and clean.
View our range of steak stone sets HERE
View our range of steak stones commercial set-up's for restaurants HERE
The next time you are thinking of something different to eat consider using a steak stone by Black Rock Grill to WOW you and your guests!